Now, before you say, “We have seen this verb a million times!” I would like to take you back to a day when we talked about some words having multiple meanings. Meaning, you will more than likely see this verb and other words over and over again. But this is good for repetition!
- 보다 (boda)| “to see”
- or when combined with 해, 가, 먹어, etc. changes the meaning
- 먹어 보다 (meoggo boda) | “try eating”
- 해 보다 (hae boda) | “try doing”
- 가 보다 (ga boda) | “try going”
- 비빔밥 먹어 봤다. (bibimbab meog-eo bwassda.) | “I tried eating bibimbap.”
- 요리해 보고 싶어요. (yolihae bogo sip-eoyo.) | “I want to try to cook.”