Today is more of a phrase rather than a word. It’s a combination of things we’ve gone over before so I’ll add the words and combine them.
- 언제 (eonje) | “when”
- 와 (wa)
- conjugated form of 오다 meaning “to come”
- 언제 와? (eonje wa?) | “When are you coming?” or “When are you coming back?”
- “You” is implied in the conversation and doesn’t need to be stated.
- “Back” is also implied depending on the conversation but most of the time this is a way to ask when someone will be arriving.
Okay so that’s it for this week!
Sorry! I forgot what day it was yesterday and completely forgot to post a word. However, I’ve returned with another familiar word only a different way to translate it.
In the past, I gave one translation of this which is, “to be interesting; fun”, however there is another translation for this word that may be a bit more useful in an everyday setting.
- 재밌다 (jaemissda) | “funny”
- 너 재밌다. (neo jaemissda) | “You’re funny.”
- 영화를 좀 재밌다. 그것은 나를 웃게했다. (yeonghwaleul jom jaemissda. geugeos-eun naleul usgehaessda.) | “The movie is funny. It made me laugh.”
- 아기가 웃고 있습니까? 재밌 네요. (agiga usgo issseubnikka? jaemiss neyo.) | “Is the baby laughing? That’s funny.”
This is a phrase that’s said a lot in k-dramas and Korean movies. It’s also commonly said in everyday conversations. I wanted to share it because it was kinda on my mind and I figured this may be a word that maybe someone was looking for a definition.
- 글쎄요 (geulsseyo)|”well; maybe; we’ll see…; I don’t know”
So we have returned to the Artist of the Week! It took me a little longer than usual to find a new artist because all of my recommendations were for people I already knew so I was trying to find something new and ended up finding new music from the same people and was hooked on the new songs.
It was a process.
However, I have emerged with a new artist (to me)… PENOMECO 페노메코!
I will admit I just heard of him today. Literally heard one song and was completely a fan! My favorite by him is probably COCO Bottle but I also added some other songs that you may or may not be familiar with. I don’t know much about him but he does have a very R&B/hip-hop sound with a pop influence as well. I like his music and I’ll definitely be adding him to my playlist.
Check out the sample playlist below!