So I found this post in my drafts and I wasn’t sure if I may have posted this before or if I forgot to post this for some reason. I searched for it and didn’t see it anywhere on here so I’m guessing I didn’t post it.
But if I did post this and just couldn’t find it, this is the updated version.
…어때요? | derived from 어떻다 (eotteota)
- “(to be) in what state; (to be) how”
- “How about…(x)?” / “How is… (x)?” / “What about… (x)?”
Let’s look at some examples.
- 공부하는 어때요? (gongbuhaneun eottaeyo?) | “How about studying?”
- 날씨가 어때요? (nalssiga eottaeyo) | “How is the weather?”
- 피자 어때요? (pija eottaeyo?) | “How about pizza?”
- In response to: 뭐 먹고 싶니? (mwo meoggo sipni?) | “What do you want to eat?”