So last week we looked at possession in the form of actually having something. This week we will look at possession in the form of not having something.
- Very similar to a few of the previous Weekly Lessons using the ending 있습니다.
- Remember that 있습니다 insinuates the existence of something.
- 나는 노트북이 있습니다. | “I have a laptop.”
- 선생님은 종이 있습니다. | “The teacher has the paper.”
Vocabulary: [same as last week for memorization]
- 종이 | paper
- 노트북 | laptop
- 컵 | cup
- 가방 | bag
- Remember that 없습니다 is a verb insinuating non-existence, or something not being there.
- 나는 노트북이 없습니다. | “I do not have a laptop.”
- 그 남자는 가방을 없습니다 . | “That man does not have a bag.”
- 그는 방에 컵이 없습니다. | “He does not have a cup in the room.”
- 선생님은 종이 없습니다. | “The teacher does not have the paper.”
Okay so that’s it for this week! Next week we will move on to a new topic!