Okay so today we’re starting practical conversations. We’re talked about 어디에 plenty of times before in the past. And I’m sure you could google search different phrases using it, but let’s try making sentences with just the principles we know.
- Typically this would be “where are you from?” however today we’re going to look at it as lead in sentences which are sentences that lead into a conversation.
- 어디에 가요? (eodie gayo?) | “Where are you going?”
- 어디에 갈까요? (eodie galkkayo?) | “Where should we go?”
- 어디 갔니? ( eodi gassni?) | “Where did you go?”
- 어디로 가고 싶니? (eodilo gago sipni?) | “Where do you want to go?”
So in the sentences above we’re focusing on 가다 and the different ways to conjugate it to create basic conversational sentences.
- 가요 | future tense
- 갈까요 | present tense
- 갔니 | past tense
- 가고 싶니 | present tense + want
Even though this looks like something you’ve google before just think of it as something you can do on your own based on the principles you’ve learned like future, past, and present tense.
- 그것이 어디 있니?(geugeos-i eodi issni?) | “Where is it?”
- 어디에 있어? (eodie iss-eo?) or 어디야? (eodiya?) | “Where are you?”
- 이것이 내가 어디에 본. (igeos-i naega eodie bon.) | “This is where I saw it.”
Okay so we’ll stop here. If I go too deep into this it’ll become a grammar lesson.
That’s all for today!