Alright so instead of a WOTD, we’re just going to focus on the Grammar of the Week. I’ll add plenty of familiar vocabulary in these examples.
Ok so review:
- To be easy | Verb + -기 쉽다
- To be difficult | Verb + -기 어렵다
To use this stem, you need to use the noun form of the verb. M “verb stem + -기 + -에/-가”. -에/-가 are markers.
- -에 | meaning something is easy to do or difficult to do
- -가 | meaning doing something is easy to do or difficult to do
- 이건 요리기가 어려워요. | “This is difficult to cook.”
- The marker -가 has been added to this thus making this an action that is difficult to perform
- 사용하기에 쉬워요. | “It is easy to use.”
- The marker -에 has been added to this making this something easy to do.
Ok so hopefully seeing this makes it easier to understand if you were struggling with this topic.
That’s it for this week!